Dear Book Donors,
Thank you for considering making a book donation to FoJCL. The FoJCL tries hard to sell or distribute all the donations it receives. However, there are large quantities of books that are difficult to resell. With that being said, please follow our guidelines for acceptable and non-acceptable book donations:
FoJCL accepts the following books only:
- Books that are clean, odor-free, and in good repair.
- Books with a publishing date after 1970.
- Hardback fiction & non-fiction.
- Children’s books in good condition.
- Paperback and trade size paperback books in good condition.
- Sport, art, craft, humor, music, themed, animal, nature books, local interest, nautical and aeronautical, home improvement, and themed cookbooks.
FoJCL does not accept:
- Encyclopedias, reference books, textbooks, cookbooks with plastic spiral covers, magazines, puzzles, self-help, or investing themed books.
- Books published before 1970.
The Jefferson County Library does not accept any book donations.
The FoJCL can accept up to three bags or small boxes of books on Saturdays at the Rodriguez Annex Twice Read Books in the basement from 10 am to 1:30 pm. If you have a larger donation, please call 541-475-3351 to make an appointment for drop-off. Thank you for your continued support.