The FoJCL, established in the 1990s, exists as a patron advocacy group whose activities include fundraising events, the Twice Read Books room, and financial support for a variety of library programs and purchases.
FoJCL fundraising supports:
Twice Read Books - a discount book outlet. It is open on Saturdays from 10 AM to 2 PM. (You can also make an appointment to come in and browse).
Summer Reading Program
Special purchases of books, audiobooks, and movies,
Programs, projects, and workshops offered by the Jefferson County Library
Our library staff and volunteers
Physical and online library resources.
- Twice Read Books on Saturday from 10 AM to 2 PM. We would love to be open more, so volunteer and help us be more accessible.
- Madras Saturday Market – FoJCL sets up at the Market every Saturday in May, June, July and August. This is a fun volunteer experience giving away books & library love.
- FoJCL book sale in October needs lots of helpers – don’t be shy.
- Book sorting and shelving – Help is always needed here.
- October National Friends of Libraries Week – A week of activities from displays to community outreach. Your help will be valuable here.
- Advocate – let your friends and neighbors know what a wonderful & vital Library we have and encourage them to check out the Friends of Jefferson County Library!
Joan McDonald, President
Melinda Turek, Vice-President
Carol Bodey, Treasurer
Amy Oland, Secretary