Jefferson County Library has 18 mobile hotspot devices that county residents can check out for up to three weeks. Each hotspot works much like a Wi-Fi network in a home or a business: it transmits an internet connection to which you can connect a smartphone, computer, or tablet.
Rules of Use
- Mobile hotspots' checkout is limited to one per household for a period of three weeks (21 days).
- Cardholders must be 18 years of age or older.
- Cardholders, and ALL members of their household, must be in good standing (no fines or overdue items and no history of a delinquent account).
- Individuals from other tri-county libraries are not eligible to borrow these hotspots from the Jefferson County Library.
- Hotspots cannot be renewed or reserved.
- Devices will be deactivated if they are overdue.
- A cardholder, or someone in their household, may not check out a hotspot on the same day that they return a hotspot.
- The full replacement cost of the hotspot will be charged if the device is not returned. The replacement cost is $110.
- Devices must be returned to the Circulation Desk, not returned in the book drop box or to another library.
- Hotspots are held for 24 hours before they are available for checkout again.
- Hotspots are not checked in right away in order to allow for time to evaluate the condition of the device.
- Hotspots are available at the Circulation Desk on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The Library reserves the right to refuse service to patrons who abuse equipment or services.
- The Library is not responsible for any liability, damages, or expense resulting from the use or misuse of the device, connection of the device to other electronic devices, or data loss resulting from the use of the device.