What is Market Research?
Market Research is a method to collect customer insights to understand whether a new product will work well with a target market or what type of changes can be done to a feature to make it more adaptable to a market. Assuming all these factors may lead to business losses for an organization.
Four common types of market research techniques
- Focus groups
At the Library
Marketing books begin at 658.
Sample of titles available from the 3 Libraries
- Facebook Marketing by Stephanie Diamond and John Haydon
- This is Marketing by Seth Godin
- The Zen of Social Media Marketing by Shama Hyder
- Understanding Digital Marketing by Damian Ryan
Kosaka, K. (2020, July 29). The 10 Best Sites for Market Research. Retrieved December 26, 2020, from https://blog.alexa.com/sites-for-market-research/
Market Research: Definition, Methods, & How to Do It . (n.d.). Retrieved December 26, 2020, from https://www.hotjar.com/blog/market-research/
Office of Entrepreneurship Education: Resources. (n.d.). Retrieved December 26, 2020, from https://www.sba.gov/offices/headquarters/oee/resources/2836
- Whether you are a new business owner or a seasoned professional, a solid understanding of your target market and current economic conditions are key to your business' growth and success. Here you will find a collection of resources providing free access to business and economic statistics collected by the U.S. Government.
U.S. Census Bureau. (2020, July 22). Data Tools and Apps. Retrieved December 26, 2020, from https://www.census.gov/data/data-tools.html
Compiled by Jane Ellen Innes